- Awesome Music: Many examples, but since we have to start somewhere:
- "Agony of Defeet". Especially the guitar solo that occurs in the middle of the song.
- "(Not Just) Knee Deep", a 15-minute catchy jam with an infectious groove and another awesome guitar solo mid-song.
- "Night of the Thumpasorus Peoples", a mostly instrumental song with yet another awesome solo. Basically, Parliament/Funkadelic solos are pretty much awesome by default.
- And speaking of solos, "Maggot Brain", the 10-minute opener to the album of the same name, which is basically a huge guitar solo.
- Chorus-Only Song: "Get Off Your Ass and Jam", "Nappy Dugout".
- Ear Worm: Clinton's music has ways of embedding itself into your brain, be it catchy basslines, a riff, or the aforementioned solos.
- Face of the Band:
- George Clinton, unsurprisingly. Maybe Bootsy too, but anybody else...
- Gary Shider too, because of his "Diaperman" persona and recent death.
- Tear Jerker: "March to the Witch's Castle" (about Vietnam veterans returning home to find that their loved ones have abandoned them, they're homeless and addicted to drugs, and that the war they took part in was a meaningless waste of human life).
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Lots of the songs were, in fact. Hell, Clinton admitted that the idea behind Free Your Mind was to see if they could cut a whole album while tripping on acid.
YMMV / George Clinton