- Adaptation Displacement: Silent Garfield - Garfield doesn't have his thought bubbles. Realfield - Garfield is realistically drawn and doesn't have the thought bubbles. Both of these predate Garfield Minus Garfield but the latter is now much more well known.
- Bizarro Episode: This strip featuring Jon dressed as a cowboy offering inanimate objects for breakfast, then walks away from an upside down room with a beak, tail feathers, and bird legs.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Garfield asking when did Jon start talking to himself in 1995 would lead to Garfield Minus Garfield being created in 2008. In Garfield Minus Garfield, Jon would talk to himself to try coping with his loneliness and depression.
- Turns out Jon had asked himself if he'd be happier without Garfield around... I daresay we all know the answer to that one.
- Moment of Awesome: The original Garfield creator approving of the edits (as opposed to sending in the lawyers) is one thing; him writing the foreword to a book dedicated to those edits is simply unbelieveable. Even more amazing is said creator joining in on the edits.
- Tear Jerker: Some examples:
- The Woobie: Jon.
YMMV / Garfield Minus Garfield