- Awesome Ego: He's frequent to boast how superior he is to his opposition, and he looks damn awesome doing it. Plus, nine out of ten times he can back up everything he claims and then some.
- Cant Unhear It: While Galactus has had several voice actors since his animated introduction in the 60's, the version of the 90's Fantastic Four series featured him voiced by the late Tony Jay, who had a legacy of playing villains with his iconic voice. Given Jay's legacy and his performance, Galactus is among many characters that were associated with him and is therefore the most common voice people think of when it comes to the planet eater.
- Complete Monster: In Old Man Quill, Galactus serves as the dark god of the Church of Universal Truth, which is led by his zealous servant, the Matriarch. Galactus stole the power cosmic from the Silver Surfer, putting him into a coma in the process. Galactus than uses the power cosmic to create a machine to mind control people, mentally enslaving people to fill the Church's ranks. Matriarch retains her free will and leads the Church's forces, attempting to subdue planets and lead Galactus to them so that he can devour them. The Matriarch attacks Peter Quill, providing a distraction so Galactus can devour the planet Spartax, killing everyone on it, including Quill's family. The Matriarch and the Church launch an attack on New Xander, home of the Nova Corps. When the Nova Corps seemingly defeats the Church, the Matriarch summons Galactus, so that he can devour that planet as well. When the Matriarch discovers most of Earth's heroes have been killed in the supervillain uprising, she informs Galactus, who is delighted to have a chance to devour Earth without interference.
- Fashion-Victim Villain: His first appearance in the final page of Fantastic Four #48. Must be seen to be believed.◊
- Not that his regular pink and blue are much better...
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The ultimate version of Galactus has some uncanny parallels to the Reapers.
- Jerkass Woobie: Galactus doesn't want to be a Planet Eater, he just has no choice but to do so in order to survive. He's even considered committing suicide multiple times, but doesn't because he can sense he will be important at the end of the universe.
- Macekre: Can you withstand the omnipotence (and Narm) of a devourer of worlds known in Latin America as Alberto El Hambriento note ?
YMMV / Galactus