- Awesome Music:
- "Don't Rain on My Parade" and "People."
- Steisand's cover of My Man certainly counts.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Fanny's "I Am" Song below — "I'm the greatest star, I am by far, but no one knows it" — seems to be more like Streisand's "I Am" Song in light of her later reputation.
- Hollywood Homely: Barbra Streisand is supposed to be plain? (Not that she didn't have her early detractors.)
- Values Dissonance: Fanny's friends, and even her own mother, criticize her for Nicky's financial ruin, going so far as to blame her when he gets busted in a bonds scam. Why? Because Fanny not only dared to earn the money in the family, but she attempted to help her husband out financially when she should have been focused on helping him emotionally.
YMMV / Funny Girl