- Awesome Music: "Play That Demo", a parody of Weezer's "Say It Ain't So" done by Bruce. Unlike most of his Demo Disk songs, he had actually planned out most of the lyrics to the song and they fit well. It helps that Bruce does a great job singing the song.
- Base-Breaking Character: Arguably Lawrence. He's a respected veteran contributor of the group, probably the consistently best player and is famous among fans for his bizarre tangents and unabashed love of Japan, but he's also one of the more criticized and contested members among fans who call said tangents unfunny and/or awkward, and are annoyed by his tendency to become less agreeable when upset (usually when performing unsuccessfully at a video game). Just read the Youtube comments on him.
- Broken Base: For some, the promotion that the group get from the rest of Rooster Teeth. While they have a sizable fandom and many are happy that they are getting recognition for their efforts, others are annoyed by the amount of advertising and involvement they get outside of their own shows, to the point that the YMMV page for their parent company has them listed as a Creator's Pet.
- Critical Research Failure: In the Demo Disk episode, "Rayman SUCKS", Bruce starts rattling off random trivia he knows about Braveheart, including that principal photography only lasted 21 days. Unable to believe this, Adam and James look it up, only to find out that it lasted 42 days exactly double of what Bruce has insisted every time they discuss Braveheart.Adam: Should we submit that to IMDb Trivia?James: "Did you know that Bruce has always been wrong about how long it took to shoot Braveheart? Every single f*ckin' time he brought up the movie?!"
- Crosses the Line Twice: Part of their popularity comes from their willingness to cross lines the rest of Rooster Teeth are unwilling. Notably, Achievement Hunter will blank out anything that's too edgy, while Funhaus will dedicate multiple videos to it and turn them into a Running Gag. It helps a lot they don't actually believe any of the shit they say and do make it clear they're making fun of that mindset.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Elyse and Peake are probably the least prominent of the core members, but are easily two of the most beloved and generally least controversial. Elyse particularly is considered this by Achievement Hunter, who consider her the only member they can't bring themselves to shit on.
- Fandom Rivalry:
- A really bizarre and one-sided example with Hat Films. A Vocal Minority Hatters are extremely hostile towards Funhaus on the subreddit, for reasons that are unclear.
- They naturally have one with Achievement Hunter, for several reasons. These can include the fact that they are the two most popular gaming groups in the Rooster Teeth network, and that they have similar but vast differences in style and humor. A lot of Funhaus fans are also former AH fans who grew disillusioned with AH's shift in style and humor. The two groups are fairly friendly outside of work, and play up the mutual insults for humor.
- Friendly Fandoms:
- With the rest of Rooster Teeth, as you might expect.
- Despite a Vocal Minority trying to start a Fandom Rivalry, there is a sizeable overlap between fans of Hat Films, and the Yogscast to a lesser extent despite little to no interaction between the groups.
- Funhaus actually made a video with Yogcast, so the two groups are friendly with each other.
- Heartwarming Moments: It's no secret that James is a diehard fan of Psychonauts, and even since the campaign for the sequel launched, the fans had been clamoring for Double Fine to get him a voice role. After finding out about his audition video, Tim Schafer and the crew themselves contacted James during their celebration livestream and actually offered him a voice part. Just try not to smile after James' face lights up after hearing the good news.
- Perhaps even better was his reaction to his friends and wife being in on the whole thing and doing their own pretend auditions. Talk about an incredible Ascended Fanboy moment.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Crossing over a bit with Harsher in Hindsight, many people joked that the reason early Funhaus video descriptions were so ridiculously detailed (to the point that a video series had an entire original Choose Your Own Adventure text serial in their descriptions) was because Joel (who wrote them) had nothing else to do around the office. As it turns out, this is exactly what was happening, and the reason Joel quit.
- Internet Backdraft: Sex Swing was considered awful by nearly the entire fanbase, and, while it got slightly better as the season progressed, news of its cancellation came as a surprise to no one.
- Moment of Awesome: The Mothers Be Aware montage, where they managed to get Harald Riegler, CEO of the company who made Dance! It's Your Stage, to come and celebrate, with clips from all the previous Dance! It's Your Stage sessions mashed together into an incredible sequence.
- More Popular Replacement: Elyse to Spoole for some. For a time and due to bad timing it seemed like Elyse had come to replace Spoole, or at least that Elyse couldn't fill the void he left, now she's arguably one of the most beloved members. And for people who didn't saw the IGN days and started watching the crew at Funhaus if anything Elyse has spend more time with the crew than Spoole. Not that Spoole isn't missed.
- Narm Charm: Elyse's puns can come off as this, especially after a while.
- Squick: From time to time, their discussions lead to very nasty places. One of Bruce's in particular, involving hungry dogs eating used tampons was so bad that Bruce himself started gagging in the middle of telling it.
- The Cast Showoff: For two months, at the start of every Demo Disk, Bruce would sing an all new song parody releating to Demo Disk to both the delight of the audience and the annoyance to everybody but Joel.
- Too Soon: Averted in most situations. Most notably making fun of Chyna was a running joke the moment she died.
- Tear Jerker: The departures of Spoole and Joel.
YMMV / Funhaus