- Cult Classic: It doesn't come up in conversation as often as most '80s shows, but those who remember it seem to think fondly of it.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- The first episode has Winnie get the older kids concert tickets by having them pop out of their toaster. Seven years later, another ABC sitcom about a young witch would have correspondence from other magical beings frequently pop out of a toaster, in a near-identical fashion. Peter Paltridge was quick to make the comparison in his review of the Sabrina pilot, then remark that he challenged himself to not mention FS during the review: "I was doing great until now."
- The English dub of Magical Doremi has a protagonist with the same last name as Winnie. She's also a witch, too.
- Retroactive Recognition:
- Alyson Hannigan as Jessie Harper. Considering how she'd later perform some witchcraft of her own on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, this provides another Hilarious in Hindsight factoid.
- Dann Florek, later of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, does double duty in the second episode as TJ's client, and as Winnie's boss Bill.
- Seth Green plays a role in the episode, "Too Much of a Good Thing". This marks neither the first nor the last time that he'd appear in one of Alyson Hannigan's works.
- Jenny Lewis, later of the band Rilo Kiley, plays Chris, the queen bee of "the Debs" in "Hallowinnie".
YMMV / Free Spirit