- Acceptable Targets:
- Kids who need medication and have social issues. Not to mention his parents....
- Fred himself for the entire internet. You'll rarely find someone above the age of 18 who'll admit to watching and liking him in a non-sarcastic tone.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: In the movies, there is one practically every 3 minutes.
- The Talking Heads are Big Lipped Alligator Characters.
- The deer scene in the first movie. Really, the entire movie is one Big-Lipped Alligator Moment, but that deer scene was...yeesh.
- The pancake scene in Fred 2..
- The "Mansquito" scene in the second movie.
- The crocobearamoose's rap number in the third movie.
- Deader Than Disco: In the late 2000s, Fred was one of the most popular YouTube channels and characters around. By the mid 2010s, very few would ever admit enjoying him. Even Lucas Cruikshank seems to dislike his creation now, largely due to his unremarkable post-Fred work and people still remembering him only as Fred.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Fred's dad, played by John Cena in the movie is considered by most to be the best part of the movie. Some consider him to be the only good part of the movie.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: A lot of Fred fans were disappointed Fred ended up with Judy in the end and not Bertha. Incidentally there were four endings written for the movie, one of which being Fred and Bertha becoming a couple.
- Hype Backlash: Fred was one of the most-subscribed on YouTube, but had lots of vocal critics. The first movie also received a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes.
- Memetic Molester: Mr. Devlin. MikeJ's reaction to Devlin inviting Fred to his house ("Is Fred going to be molested?) is very accurate, as that's eerily how the scene plays.
- Moment of Awesome: Fred leading his camp to victory in the third movie. Particularly the 'Loser Song' moment at the end. And unlike sever, this was not a Daydream Surprise.
- Nightmare Fuel: In recent episodes, Fred is harassed by an extremely creepy man named Claudio. In Fred Gets Kidnapped by Claudio, he is introduced by randomly breaking into Fred's house, kidnapping him, and locking him in a pet carrier, and then when Fred's mother catches Claudio, she allows him to stay because he will pay her, despite the fact that he just kidnapped and caged her son. In the next episode, Fred is Left Alone with Claudio, Fred's mother LEAVES FRED ALONE WITH HIM and Claudio continues to do more creepy and outright messed-up things to harass Fred. Brr..
- One-Scene Wonder: John Cena's appearance in his film was pretty funny, and to most the only funny bit in the film.
- So Bad, It's Good: Some of Fred's legit fans see him as this.
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: The first two Fred movies were pretty forgettable, the third though is actually considered quite good by the fanbase. Helped that it got a few well known names attached to it.
- The Woobie: Fred becomes this whenever his Hilariously Abusive Childhood veers into especially traumatic territory.
YMMV / Fred