- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: The Macheesmo commercial. It's...just an in-universe commercial that gets played in the middle of the climax.
- Cult Classic: After Fox dumped the film, it managed to find an audience on video for its strange humor and Body Horror.
- Ham and Cheese: Randy Quaid is clearly having the time of his life.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Randy Quaid playing a bearded long-haired raving lunatic twenty years before becoming one in real life.
- Tear Jerker: The death of Sockhead.
- In-Universe, the story of the wrench being mutated into a hammer has all the other freaks in tears.
- Uncanny Valley: Claymation is already unsettling enough by itself; it can be downright horrifying in live action.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The movie may have been made on a shoestring budget, but Screaming Mad George's creature effects are second to none. In a Q and A, Alex Winter mentions his dislike for CGI and is glad that the effects were done the old hand made way.
- Also, the opening credits sequence.
- Some really cool stop motion animation for Ernie and Julie's transformation and later when Suggs turns the EES into a big shoe.
YMMV / Freaked