- Alternative Character Interpretation: As the movie develops, it allows room for some human shades of both Aldous Snow and Sarah, who were initially seen as antagonists from Peter's perspective. Not very many break-up movies let the 'bitchy ex-girlfriend' also be seen as The Woobie, or the other guy to also be a Nice Guy.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Sarah Marshall, despite being portrayed as a selfish, petty and genuinely unpleasant individual, will still have audience members defend her to the death...presumably because she's played by the very attractive Kristen Bell.
- Ear Worm: "Inside of you..."
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Aldous Snow was so popular that he got his own spin-off movie.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The cell phone horror movie Sarah stars in sounds ridiculous... until you realize that an American remake of a Japanese horror movie with a very similar premise came out earlier in the same year that this movie came out.
- Among a few other references, Jason Segel drunkenly sings the The Muppets theme.
- The Woobie: Sarah has bits of this. She had her show cancelled—while on vacation(!) and it's clear to even her that she has no future in film. She finds out that she's dating the wrong kind of guy, which leads to getting jealous of Peter which leads to getting chewed out by both Aldous AND Peter, etc. Depending on how you see her, this could be seen as karmic justice, or that she makes really bad choices (which, considering her career choices...).
- Peter starts out as this. He just can't get over Sarah and goes to Hawaii to try and forget her only to find her staying at the same hotel. He gets better, though.
- Even Rachel has a moment when Peter confesses he tried to sleep with Sarah again. A lot of tourists probably try to use her as a vacation fling, and at that point, it looks as though Peter was doing just that.
YMMV / Forgetting Sarah Marshall