- Angst? What Angst?: Subverted with Keitaro, as all the abuse he suffered from the tenants was doing a number on his psyche (he just hid it).
- Jerkass Woobie: Akane Tendo. She is a short tempered girl, but she is also heartbroken over her failed relationship with Ranma. More of The Woobie, since she clearly regrets her own behavior and that it played a role in destroying the romance between her and Ranma. What's worse is that not only does she regret it, she also has grown enough to realize that neither Ranma nor her were ever really suitable as a couple, and despite their feelings, it's not meant to be.
- Moral Event Horizon:
- Su deciding to send a machine to drag Keitaro back and Mind Rape him into being a Extreme Doormat for the girls was already bad enough, but then she unleashes her robots on innocent people, mistakenly thinking they would love to play with them. It is this act that causes all her loved ones to cut ties with her.
- Naru threatening to beat Shinobu for her justified insults, right after Motoko already slapped Shinobu for the same thing. It's made clear that Naru cared nothing about Shinobu's personal feelings, thinking she was being ungrateful for all the times they "protected" her from Keitaro's perceived perversion. Even Motoko begins to regret this later, but not Naru.
- Akemi Kuga making the False Rape Accusation against Takeru that led to him being murdered by Kagura. In the final chapter, she expresses no remorse, instead blaming Kagura.
- Naru, Kagura, and Chisato flat-out kidnapping Keitaro in the penultimate chapter. Individually, Naru viciously beating Keitaro and admitting to Mutsumi she manipulated her, Chisato throwing Mutsumi and ordering she be killed as well, and Kagura abandoning them to escape the police. Notably, these three, and Akemi, are the only ones who never change their ways. Every other antagonist, even Mutsumi who participated in the kidnapping, has a Heel Realization.
- Ron the Death Eater: As in An Alternate Keitaro Urashima, several of the girls' Fatal Flaws are taken to the point where they become completely unsympathetic.
- Naru Narusegawa is a bundle of rage issues ready to explode on anyone she can blame for her misfortunes, no matter how flimsy the reasoning might be. She tries to beat the shit out of Shinobu for standing up to her, and tells Kitsune that "You shouldn't bother trying to change because you'll always be a worthless, irresponsible drunk." She even verbally breaks her sister Mei when she and her mother try to bail her out of jail.
- Kaolla Suu is a Psychopathic Womanchild who laughs happily while unleashing her Mecha-Tamas on innocent civilians, and thinks that setting off explosions makes the 'game' more fun. In a crowd of children, no less.
- Mutsumi is now such a devoted Shipper on Deck for Naru/Keitaro that she outright refuses to acknowledge that it's not what he wants. This goes so far as I Reject Your Reality, with her even striking him and calling him out for having a mind of his own. Compare with something like An Alternate Keitaro Urashima, where she actually means it when she says "I Want My Beloved to Be Happy."
- Subverted with Akane Tendo. She's short-tempered (though canon Akane had a short fuse, too), but the story makes it clear that Ranma is just as much to blame for the failure of their engagement as she is; and deep down, she does regret the fact that their relationship didn't work out.
- Shipping Goggles: In-Universe with Mustumi and Hina toward Keitaro and Naru despite the fact that neither wants the relationship anymore.
- Unexpected Character: Ranma from Ranma ½ appears in the story.
- Ritsuko Akagi from Neon Genesis Evangelion
YMMV / For His Own Sake