- Awesome Art: The show looks absolutely gorgeous.
- Ear Worm:
- Ensemble Dark Horse: The show is relatively young and we appear to have our first one. "Petunia", Wranglum's gender-bending fake Filly form in "Wranglum In Disguise" was pretty well-received for being quite cute, with some actually fanonizing "her" as a real character.
- Fandom Rivalry:
- With My Little Pony, mostly Friendship is Magic, though many fans of that are also into Filly Funtasia. Before it had its own TV show, the Filly line was/is generally not well regarded among MLP toy collectors.
- In October 2014, BRB Internacional released a Filly teaser trailer to Filly fansite Funtasia Daily. Equestria Daily got a hold of the trailer, and the Bronies were not amused. Safe to say this is a rivalry that is getting started.
- With the show finally premiering in March 2019, right on the cusp on the announcement of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic's ninth and final season. Fans have noticed the coincidence, with some going so far to say the long delay was all a deliberate and calculated attempt on part of the producers for Filly Funtasia to step in while Friendship Is Magic ends.note
- Fanon: Cedric is usually regarded as an autistic-coded character (to a similar degree as Peridot or Entrapta), due to him being very intelligent yet not as understanding to some emotions and willing to question anything that doesn't seem logical.
- Friendly Fandoms: Despite the history of Funtasians and bronies, the latter fandom has recently been kinder to the former after finding that the series wasn't as bad as they perceived from the initial trailers. It is very much helped by the fact that 4chan allows you to post about FF per /mlp/'s rules, so these two fandoms were bound to cross paths eventually. With Friendship Is Magic confirmed to be ending in 2019, a few heartbroken Bronies have latched onto Filly as a Replacement Goldfish show.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: The toyline is massively popular in Germany and other German-speaking countries. In fact, there's a general misunderstanding that a German toy company (Simba) created and owned the brand, when they were only licensed to distribute it until that deal fell through.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: While Principal Sparkle already sounds familiar to another purple unicorn we all know, in season 8 of that show, Twilight Sparkle actually becomes a teacher, and at least most the season is dedicated to a school setting. Go figures.
- Moe: Battiwigs looks adorable, even for a villain.
- Never Live It Down: The fact that it's a show centered around colorful ponies during a time when My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic was an internet and pop culture sensation for the better part of a decade ensures that Filly Funtasia will forever be intertwined with said show.
- The show will also never live down its reputation as the show that took at least 5 years until it premiered somewhere due to massive Development Hell.
- Older Than They Think: Some people, like Dr. Ashen here, think the Filly toyline was created as a direct response to the success of Friendship Is Magic, when it predates that show by four years.note . To be fair, he didn't specifically say "Friendship is Magic", at which point he would be correct that Filly is merely a cash-in on the success of MLP in general. That said, it's clear by the context that the comment was referring to the present iteration of the franchise.
- Periphery Demographic: Filly Funtasia instantly caught fire, with a fansite springing up just a short time after being revealed, that is still going with updates even though the show hasn't made its debut yet. Of course, being similar to a certain other show about colorful equines could have something to do with it.
- Snark Bait: How the show was treated in the FIM fandom, mostly in 2013-14.
- They Copied It, So It Sucks!: The general reaction by the brony fandom (which is not unusual).
- Win Back the Crowd: When the initial trailer for the series back in 2013 was released, bronies were... not amused, to say the least. But ever since it was announced that it would finally air, it's safe to say that while some were skeptical, others were pretty intrigued and more open to the idea of another pony show. More heads started to turn as the first episode was uploaded to YouTube and shared on Equestria Daily, and even more people were on board once the subtitles for it came out.
YMMV / Filly Funtasia