- Best Level Ever: The first section of Evoland is easily the coolest part, as the game constantly "evolves" as you make your way through the level. While this is common throughout the game, the sheer rate at which new gameplay elements and graphical improvements appear can be pretty crazy.
- Contested Sequel: Despite being a better constructed game overall compared to its predecessor, Evoland 2 does have its own problems as well. The plot is often considered to be a Cliché Storm even though it's pretty well made, and by the end it has some Left Hanging plot threads. There's that unnecessarily frustrating library level.
- Goddamned Bats: There are a lot of bats in the original which are fairly easy, but hard to hit with the thin hitbox of the sword.
- Padding: One of the reasons why Evoland 2 is a Contested Sequel - the plot involved plenty of borderline-Nintendo Hard minigames (such as a platformer with very slippery controls and library filled with puzzles - see That One Level below) that dragged on for much longer than it needed to.
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: The original game was more or less a proof of concept where the whole point of the game was to unlock features and evolve the game until it ended. Evoland 2, on the other hand, is a full on game that incorporates different gameplay types and eras into the plot and game universe.
- Tear Jerker:
- Despite it being a blatant homage to another character's sudden death, the death of Kaeris in the original game is still a surprisingly sad moment in such a goofy game.
- Fina meeting with the spirit of her grandmother, a Sylph, in the second game.
- That One Level:
- The library in Evoland 2. You need to solve not just a few puzzles to advance the game, and most of them are bordering Guide Dang It! if not advanced logic, knowledge, or sheer patience.
- In the original game, the Ruins Of Sarudnahk serves as the hardest part of the game. The fact that there's a Diablo section is pretty cool, but there is an insane number of enemies that you have to take down at a time, which can cause your health bar to deplete very quickly. The Wizards are particularly annoying, as their fireballs can take out a huge chunk of your health, and avoiding it can be tough with so many enemies.
YMMV / Evoland