- Ensemble Dark Horse: Julius, mostly due to Retroactive Recognition and for being the only one to have enough guts to call Rochelle out. It's also nice to see a sitcom father who is not a complete pushover.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: In the series finale, Chris' mother mocks Chris for trying to justify going for a GED by pointing out Bill Cosby got a GED because Bill Cosby was a comedian. In real life, it turned out to be a pretty good thing she didn't want Chris to be like Bill Cosby.
- In one episode where Julius gets a second job, the narration jokes that asking if Julius wants another job is like "asking Amy Winehouse if she wants another drink", not so funny now since she died as a result of drug abuse.
- It is explained that the reason Julius always has the big piece of chicken is so he is well fed enough to work his second job and endure the abuse of his boss without flipping out and getting fired...or worse. This starts to look more acute after Terry Crews confessed that he was sexually assaulted at a party by a top Hollywood honcho and he didn't fight back not because he lacked the ability, but because he was well aware of the Angry Black Man trope being at play and didn't want to derail his career and be seen as a brute.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: This show is very popular with Brazilian audiences, likely due to the very well made dub.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Greg was shown to wear costumes as pajamas. One of them included a Robin costume. A few years later, his actor, Vincent Martella, would do the voice of the teenage Jason Todd in Batman: Under the Red Hood.
- In one episode, Julius thinks that Rocky should have been called Apollo. About a decade later, a Sequel Series to the Rocky franchise called Creed begins, though it centers around Apollo's son rather than Apollo himself.
- Ho Yay: At least, this is how 2 different pairs of girls view a couple of passionate arguments between Chris and Greg.
- Informed Wrongness: Anytime Chris ever complains or stands up for himself he'll be portrayed as wrong.
- Rooting for the Empire: Julius thinks the movie Rocky shouldve been called Apollo.
- Retroactive Recognition: Terry later became one of the Old Spice guys, briefly hosted Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? in 2014-15 and playing badass-yet-worried Sergeant Terry Jeffords.
- The Scrappy:
- Everybody hates Tonya. And that fact is not even a joke with the show's title.
- Other characters seems to have this kind of treatment just for being a complete dick with Chris. Examples are Caruso and Miss Morello.
- Rochelle's snobbery, short temper, immaturity, and such can become incredibly grating at times. Not to mention it makes it pretty clear where Tonya gets her behavior from.
- Keshia, ever since the episode "Everybody Hates Halloween."
- Take That, Scrappy!:
- Anytime Tonya gets busted.
- When Julius gives Rochelle a classy shut up when he revealed that he made a credit card account so he could buy their wedding rings. May count as a Moment of Awesome.
- And let's not forget Chris' overreaction in "Everybody Hates Bomb Threats", in which he finally punched out Caruso.
- The Woobie: Chris, of course. He feels like he is in Drew's shadow all the time, his sister is a brat, his parents discipline him more than plenty, and he always gets picked on all the time.
YMMV / Everybody Hates Chris