- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: The aforementioned Pokémon AMV.
- Admittedly, it relates to the overall theme of sex and Double Entendres.
- Hype Backlash: A good number of modern viewers are confused as to why ReDeath is so widely praised, given the fact that the writing, voice acting, editing, and resolution are all very low-quality by modern standards.
- Memetic Mutation: It's Gendo!
- Ohhh, baby~...
- Teh uber pimp!
- Pop-Cultural Osmosis: Even given the niche fandom of ReDeath, most people know Jamiroquai's "Soul Education" as Gendo's pimp song.
- "Seinfeld" Is Unfunny:
- Given the fact that this was one of the earliest abridged series (being produced in 1999), the humor and voice acting come off as very poorly done compared to when it was first released in February of 2000. This only becomes more prominent when compared to the works of Team Four Star, which are the only remaining abridged series with the level of popularity that ReDeath used to have.
- The Pokémon AMV also feels very ridiculous nowadays, particularly because of how out-of-the-blue it is, in an era where abridged series try to stay on topic as much as possible.
- What an Idiot!: Kaji gives a copy of Prince's "Greatest Hits" to Gendo in order to uncover his plans.
YMMV / Evangelion: ReDeath