- Alternative Character Interpretation: The Apparation. While some entries show him as a Manipulative Bastard who was at war with his noble counterpart sister, others (Kristehvampire's canon) show that he was actually doing everything to PROTECT his sister.
- Heartwarming Moments: The official finale, where not only does everyone go back home, but Lillian's insecurities about not being loved are finally put to rest when EVERYONE pretty much risks their skin to save her. Bonus points for this happening after the Big Bad taunted her.
- Love to Hate: The Apparation. Regardless of how evil (or not) he is, he is always a tremendous asshole.
- Moral Event Horizon: Considering the things The Apparation did on the course of the saga, it's difficult to pinpoint exactly when he crossed the irredeemable territory, but it's generally agreed that it was either when he saboutaged the experiment, or in the official finale, where he beats the stuffing out of his sister and tries to kill Lillian.
- In the official canon, Ysef crosses it by inciting Roz Palmer's psychotic state against Lillian for no reason, and in the unfinished Zeurel canon Black Ace crosses it by violently murdering a kid.
- The Woobie: About half of the characters in there, since chance to fix their Dark and Troubled Past were often what motivated them to fight in the first place. Elevated to pretty much everyone in the triumphant canon.
- Jerkass Woobie: The official depiction of The Apparition, who is a sadistic villain, but one who is trying to keep himself and his sister alive, and has several pitiable moments. Black Ace in the Zeurel canon, who is a psychotic wreck, but with tremendous self loathing.
YMMV / Escape From Nevara