- Best Known for the Fanservice: This is the movie where Julie Roberts wears a wonderbra. Most of her interviews promoting the film seemed more interested in this than the achievements of the woman she was playing.
- Designated Villain: Yes, Theresa and Erin get off on the wrong foot. But she at least tries to apologize and make amends, which Erin responds to with flat-out rudeness.
- Genius Bonus: The scene where Erin gets over 600 representatives for the class action suit. Class actions typically have only a few representatives, who stand in for the entire group of people affected. The standard tactic for dealing with them is to discredit the individual representatives as being unrepresentative of the group as a whole. Erin getting over six hundred of them makes it practically impossible for PG&E's lawyers to do this.
- Eight Deadly Words: Roger Ebert said of the film, "lacks focus and energy, the character development is facile and thin."
- Tear Jerker: In-universe; as Erin is driving home from interviewing people, she calls George, who tells her that her baby said their very first word. At first, Erin breaks out in a delighted smile, but then she starts crying at having missed that.
- Testosterone Brigade: More than a few watched this movie for Julia Roberts in the wonderbra.
YMMV / Erin Brockovich