- Accidental Innuendo:
- The first episode is about balls.
- There's also an episode revolving around feet, which may be uncomfortable to watch as an adult for obvious reasons.
- In the "Violins" episode, the animated segment "The Violin Who Loved Her Bow". "...they make beautiful music together!"
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Even people who don't like Elmo tend to like Mr. Noodle.
- Nightmare Fuel: When Elmo talks to a Tornado as part of the "Weather" epsiode. Many viewers who use to watch the show claim to be be creeped out by the segment, for just how scary the tornado happens to be.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: The 2016 retool of Elmo's World might invoke this in some people who grew up with the previous version, especially since they changed quite a bit of the show. Comments on Youtube uploads of the segment that appeared prior to the COPPA adjustments seemed to imply that this was the case.
- We're Still Relevant, Dammit!: The character Smartie, a talking smartphone.
YMMV / Elmo's World