- And You Thought It Would Fail: They formed out of a small town in Germany in 1992, at the height of the grunge era, when very few record labels would touch a metal act with a ten foot pole. Twenty five years later, they're one of the most successful German power metal bands in the business today.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: "Lucifer in Love". While Edguy is not above joke songs, they are usually saved until the end of the album. This one occurs at the three-quarters point and the sheer WTFness of it all is...better yet, listen for yourself.
- Crazy Awesome: Even by Power Metal standards. They're a band full of Cloudcuckoolanders with over the top performances and hilarious music vidoes. And they are awesome.
- Ho Yay: To the point that Tobi sometimes changes the line "What's night without the day?" to "What's Edguy without the gays?" in concerts.
- Tear Jerker: Several of Edguy's ballads, such as "Scarlet Rose" and "The Spirit Will Remain."
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: A common complaint on more recent albums, especially with Edguy's veering from power metal to hard rock.
YMMV / Edguy