- Anvilicious: Neither game is subtle.
- Awesome Music: Delphineus's theme from the first game.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment:
- The dancing hamster at the start of the first game.
- The dude with the suitcase at the beginning of the second game.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The game ends with Adam asking Delphineus whether they'll ever see each other again, with Delphineus assuring him that they will. Brittany Benov, who voiced Delphineus in the CD version, died from a drug overdose at age 24 after a long struggle with bipolar depression. That final exchange comes off rather sad, knowing she died so young. And Adam and Delphineus never do meet again.
- Delphineus being described as depressed at the start also comes off rather morbid with that in mind.
- It's also mentioned that Delphineus's parents died when he was young, while in real life, Benov's parents would outlive her.
- Narm Charm: In the CD version, Adam and Delphineus are clearly voiced by kids, and some of their line readings are as goofy as you'd expect from a Sierra game (though Delphineus is meant to be charmingly awkward anyway). For the most part, they still manage to make their characters endearing. In particular, when Delphineus is telling bad jokes, Brittany Benov gives them a deadpan, even smug delivery that actually enhances the humor.
YMMV / Eco Quest