- Alternative Character Interpretation:
- This column offers an interesting defense of the original DOD, insisting that, even if it was stupid, it was the last gasp of a "family-friendly" kind of stupid as opposed to the "adults-only" kind of stupid that would follow with the nWo and the Attitude Era.
- As some fans have said, the Dungeon was a pretty lousy stable for WCW, but it would've fit in great with CHIKARA. That is, if the various gimmicks had been given to wrestlers who could keep up with the CHIKARA wrestling style...
- Awesome Music: The DOD theme
- Ham-to-Ham Combat: It's a group of LOUD monster heels feuding with Hulk Hogan, what would you expect?
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In re the Zodiac shouting "YES! NO! YES! NO!": Daniel Bryan, anyone?
- Memetic Mutation: "THE YETAAAAY!"
- Shocking Swerve:
- Jimmy Hart turning on Hogan and costing him the WCW World Heavyweight Title in his match with the Giant at WCW Halloween Havoc 95, with the added twist that Hart had set up the contract so that the title could change hands on a DQ.
- Jacqueline backstabbing Kevin Sullivan to cost him his career vs career match against Chris Benoit. There was no foreshadowing and no after-effect - Jacqueline didn't even go on to affiliate with Benoit afterwards, she managed Harlem Heat for a bit and then left for WWF. Of course, it really happened because Sullivan legitimately hated Benoit and didn't want to lose cleanly to him.
- So Bad, It's Good/Ham and Cheese/Narm Charm/Guilty Pleasure: While the DOD was hated for a variety of reasons during its existence (old wrestlers, silly gimmicks, Beefcake and Tenta being there because of their connection to Hogan, the seemingly endless Sullivan-Benoit feud), there can be entertainment found in it, particularly the vignettes in the Dungeon itself, with Zodiac saying "YES NO YES NO YES NO!," and anyone who doesn't like listening to King Curtis Iaukea isn't a wrestling fan.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: The Shark's entrance music bore a certain resemblance to the "Theme from Jaws".
- Took the Bad Film Seriously:
- John Tenta sat for 24 hours having his Louisiana State University Tigers tattoo changed to a shark. Not too long after that, he stopped doing the gimmick.
- A lot of the accidental humor comes from how everything was played so straight-faced and serious.
- WTH, Costuming Department?: The Yeti's mummy outfit. Hell, his Scorpion-ripoff outfit too, though that was after he had left the Dungeon.
YMMV / Dungeon of Doom