- Creepy Awesome: The Ordos mentat in Dune 2000: A cyborg (maybe) with Bald of Evil who talks in Creepy Monotone. Until later in the game he is hopped up on Spice, which makes him sound like he is Drunk on the Dark Side.
- Game-Breaker: The Sonic Tank in the earlier versions the game, before the developers apparently reduced its sight and attack range (originally they had a long enough range to be able to shoot rocket turrets from a safe distance). Once you had enough of these, the mission was won.
- Nightmare Fuel: In Dune 2000 and Emperor: The Battle for Dune, the Harkonnen love to play with heartplugs of their hostages, traitors or just victims. Proofed by the fact that the mentioned bloody cutscene in Emperor got removed, all thanks to ESRB.
- On the other hand... try to pull it off as easily as they did in the FMVs.
- Your fate if you fail House Ordos in Emperor? You get reduced to a living severed head. As another who suffered your fate says to you: "Why won't they just let us die?"
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: Surprisingly averted, which is a feat considering that Dune was a completely different game. Whether you appreciate both the games and the novels is another matter entirely.
YMMV / Dune II