- Accidental Aesop: One with some Unfortunate Implications, too. Flo never does much of anything other than stare longingly at the other horses who have rejected her, indicating she wants to be their friend. Yet apparently at the very end, having the Gypsy King's baby (or at least a baby) was her dream, although by proxy this seems to get her accepted. The unintended moral seems to be, "If no one likes you, get pregnant with the resident popular guy's kid."
- Accidental Innuendo: One song sequence shows Flo's upper neck and head as she looks... a little too excited about what's going on below. Bobsheaux interpreted it as her doing something inappropriate with Velcro.
- Ass Pull: How does a sterile mule give birth to a purebred Gypsy Vanner horse? According to Dr. Pablo, magic!note
- Awesome Art: The voice acting is considered very amateur and the story is nothing to think much about, but the animation is why the short has millions of views. The horses are drawn quite well and attention is payed to detail.
- Les Yay: Flo's Only Friend is Velcro. After Flo ends up pregnant, there's a shot of Velcro with her head on Flo's stomach. The gelding looks at them quizzically. Tuffy/Fluffy the cat also has a few Ho Yay moments with Cowboy the dog.
- Narm: The weak voice acting ruins many parts of the cartoon that are supposed to be serious, such as Morph bullying Flo. His voice sounds like a teenage stoner.
- Padding: The first half of the short has little to do with the main mule mom plot, mainly consisting of comic relief scenes with Tuffy/Fluffy and the pheasant. The coyote subplot also only exists to introduce Flo's donkey father, who completely disappears after Flo is born.
- Popular with Furries: Thanks to it being free online, it's popular with horse fans. The horses are drawn more realistically than in many other works, and they're referred to with horse-terms and actual breeds.
- So Bad, It's Good: The mediocre voice acting, the barely-connected Random Events Plot, the sloppy Limited Animation, and the strange explanation for how a mule is able to give birth make this short enjoyable for all the wrong reasons.
- Special Effects Failure: The "one year later" title card was clearly done in Windows Movie Maker.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: There is mention of the Gypsy King horse being on some sort of mission on behalf of all Gypsy Vanners. Exactly what kind of mission this is is never elaborated on.
YMMV / Dream Come True