- Anti-Climax Boss: Once Gohan reaches his state of Super Saiyan 2, Bojack simply is no match for him.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Zangya. She's a henchman of Bojack who is extremely popular despite her small role in Bojack Unbound, mostly because she's one of the few fighters in the franchise who is a female and extremely powerful. Her being killed off by Bojack to attack Gohan was declared to be a sad moment by the viewers. She has consistently appeared in many video games alongside her boss, with one exception.
- Even Better Sequel: Widely considered to be one of the most fun non-serial movies in the franchise, thanks to being one of the only movies where Goku's presence isn't that relevant, giving Gohan some time to shine, some fun fights, especially the one of Trunks against Tenshinhan, being one of the few Dragon Ball Z movies that can easily fit into canon, and being visually pretty. The most common complaint is how motivation-less Bojack's crew is, and even then, they have fans.
- Evil Is Sexy: The Galaxy Soldiers are pretty hot for both genders. Including for the gay men, as KaiserNeko can tell about Bido.
- Fridge Brilliance: The Kais imprisoned Bojack in a star. This makes sense when you realize he's as strong as Cell, if not stronger, meaning he was essentially Frieza in personality and motives, but leagues stronger. Sealing him away might have been the only way to stop him period at the time.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: No, this Bojack is not the horse from "Horsin' Around" (though DBZ was a very famous TV show back in the 90s). Fans of TFS Abridged believe that Bojack's abridged character was going to be based off that assumption.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The Intergalactic World Tournament (Tenkaichi Dai Budōkai) was the most innovative and creatively fun tournament concept ever written at the time. The idea of a Tournament Arc split into multiple sections, with different objectives each round, all for the sake of making First Contact with powerful alien warriors who'd fight in the semi-finals is a strong enough idea to carry the entire film. Given that the main criticism of the villains is their lack of motivation for being on Earth in particular, it would have been a simple enough fix to have them want to participate in the tournament legitimately before revealing themselves as evil.
YMMV / Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound