- Chaotic Neutral: Teldra (a priestess, in addition to her other jobs) describes Verra as the embodiment of capriciousness.
- Epileptic Trees: It seems every male in Dragaera has been theorized to be Devera's father at some point. Word of God — confirmed in Tiassa — says it's Kieron. The founder of the Dragaeran Empire. For obvious reasons, this made the speculation much, much worse.
- A lot of Brust fans are convinced that Cawti is actually the daughter of two characters from Brokedown Palace, largely because Vlad opts not to relate his wife's backstory and also a single line spoken by Devera at the end of BP. On a similar note, many fans speculate that Noish-Pa also appeared as a supporting character in Brokedown Palace; the fact that his given name hasn't been revealed fosters this speculation, although the timing is questionable.
- Evil Is Cool: Telnan seems to believe this, happily describing his Great Weapon, or at least its name, as "dark and evil and stuff".note
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: You know all those teckla (the rodents, not the Dragaerans) whom Loiosh is always cheerfully chowing down on? Their Real Life counterpart, the California salt marsh harvest mouse, is an Endangered Species.
- Parody Sue: Quite a lot of fans see Aliera as this, as she has a lot of superficially Sue-like traits that are belied by her being a complete Jerkass. (Note that the Sue-ish tendency for other characters to fall madly in love with her for no particular reason is actually a key contributing factor in the destruction of the Empire in Five Hundred Years After.)
YMMV / Dragaera