- Ensemble Dark Horse: For some reason, a lot of Anons on the main Doubt blog requested that Chris Peril, from the White roster, be re-submitted to DA3. Not a bad fan reaction for someone who was only on the roster to begin with as a replacement to someone else.
- Fridge Horror: During the second trial, Yuu Sagara revealed that their father committed suicide when they were a child, leading to years of therapy and trauma that continued to the present day. It's a very harsh trigger for them, made worse by their execution, which is the exact way his father died. Skip ahead to the third chapter, and the victim - not only is the victim Yuu's girlfriend, there is a very real possibility that she committed suicide. Imagine how Yuu must have felt, with this possibility on their shoulders...
- Harsher in Hindsight: With the game concluded, it's safe to say that the entirety of Alpha's first trial qualifies for this, from the fact that the victim had started the fight and was killed by accident to the fact that the person that characters and players alike hailed as an innocent martyr was actually the Mastermind.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- In Alpha, Yuu is very jealous of Dante because of how charming and and handsome he is, finding even his ownership of an adorable ferret as one more advantage for him to attract women. Within just two weeks, Eva takes Ladron back from Dante and Yuu is one of the first two people to sleep with someone in Alpha. Dante, on the other hand, is still alone.
- The code names of the third games were X and Y, leading to jokes about them being Pokémon references, especially since the second round had Black and White for titles. After the players were chosen, the true names were revealed to be Alpha and Omega. Fast forward to early May 2014, during Chapter 6, when it's announced that Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire are getting remakes titled Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
- Misaki Asano from Rot shares her name with a major character in Killer Killer.
- Memetic Badass: Chris Peril, SHSL Stunt Driver, best known for acts like trying to taste-test objects that might be laced with cyanide, surviving an investigation-gone-wrong that nearly kills him from smoke inhalation, and pulling a machine gun on his fellow survivors to force them to save the data of their dead friends.
- Memetic Mutation: Has its own page here.
- One True Threesome: Given how they stuck up for each other in the first trial, Emiko, Chiemi, and Yuu are shipped together in this way.
- This is actually true of the Kenshin, Iori, Manolo pair in Rot. Mods affectionately refer to it as Kenshiolo.
- Vindicated by History: As Emiko has recently confessed to Kosuke on Emiko's personal blog, Emiko was the chapter 1 culprit after all...which means, though it is too late for the wrongly executed Yuuto, that Yuuto was right.
- In a way, Emiko was also Vindicated by History - as revealed in Chapter 10's Monobear Theater, though Emiko allowed someone to die in her place, rather than it being an innocent as was first believed, she managed to accidentally kill the Mastermind.
- The Woobie: Chiemi from Alpha, Minako and Rune from Omega, Cerys from Rot.
- Iron Woobie: In Doubt Academy White, as we learn in chapter 4 after Ritsuka is incorrectly voted as the culprit despite Naoto believing Ritsuka was innocent, apparently Naoto has been ignored, ignored, ignored his whole life. Despite this, he still somehow believes that the universe is a wonderful, warm place, like a mother's caress. Although, if people could believe or trust in him, that would be nice...and even if not, "for the sake of trying" is all he asks.
- Jerkass Woobie: Poor Chiemi's life is a mess. She's made poor decisions and let people down a lot as a result.
YMMV / Doubt Academy