- Big Name Fan: Captain Osaka is a good example of this. DOUBLE K is very famous in the Gurren Lagann fandom, having been discussed briefly in The Escapist magazine, inspired several cosplay groups, and generally having been enjoyed by more or less everyone in the English-speaking fandom (and even outside of it, since it's damn entertaining and funny in its own right, and one doesn't at all need to have watched the anime to like it). He's also had a single-volume manga published in the past, called Atomic King Daidogan, which is itself heavily inspired by other super robot series.
- Crazy Awesome:
- Kamina, to absolutely nobody's surprise. For reference, his game plan usually goes a little something like this:
- It's later revealed that Kittan is also Crazy Awesome. He got sent to the precinct because he drove his old precinct (including his brother-in-law Dayakka) to near-insanity with his badassery.
- Evil Is Sexy: Can we all agree that Evil!Rossiu is rocking the Hell out of that classy attire? The Psychotic Smirk helps a lot too.
- Fridge Brilliance:
- Kittan's entrance has parallels with Kamina's as a clever way to put their differences in evidence right off the bat.
- Why is Simon basically the Butt-Monkey? Because he never had to learn to depend on himself and depends heavily on Kamina.
- Not to mention that as soon as Kamina leaves him. He takes a major level in badass.
- Moe: Like in the source material, Nia.
- Nightmare Fuel: Psycho-Rossiu. He can scare chief Genome with his presence alone.
- Too Good to Last: Despite its growing popularity, Double K would eventually quit the comic and delete it for reasons unknown (though he is primarily a musician.)
- The Woobie: Simon, to an extent. He starts to become this when chief Genome reassigns him to work alone, but he really starts to become this when Kamina tactlessly announces that Kittan is "The Raddest Dude on the face of the Earth" and starts spending time with him.
YMMV / DOUBLE K