- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The scene where the Buick is stolen by a gang of drag queens.
- Designated Hero: The Crandell siblings, they are the protagonists of the film but they act like immature jerks who dislike authority and act like they don't need adults telling them what to do and they choose not to tell their mother about Mrs. Sturak being dead which leads to trouble when they don't have the money that was on Mrs. Sturak and choose to fend for themselves and live by their own rules.
- Retroactive Recognition: David Duchovny is a minor villain in the movie, but usually gets third-billing on DVD releases and commercials.
- What An Idiot: The babysitter Mrs. Sturak dies in her sleep and the Crandells find out.
- You'd Expect: For either one of them to call their mom and tell her what happened.
- Instead: They just put her inside of her car trunk and drop her off at a funeral home and keep her car.
- While the Crandells were driving to the funeral home, they soon forget about the money.
- You'd Then Expect: For either to come to their senses about the money and check if she has the money on her.
- Instead: They just drop her off without checking for the money and it leaves them completely broke.
- The Crandells witness the drag queens stealing the Buick and driving off with it.
- You'd Then Expect: That the Crandells report it to the police and finally tell their mom.
- Instead: They don't do anything and the drag queens get away with it, thus having no car to drive in.
YMMV / Dont Tell Mom The Babysitters Dead