- Awesome Music: This game does have quite a few great music tracks, to name a few:
- DK Jungle, which was reused in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- Mt. Dynamite, were you race around and inside a volcano.
- Cranky's Flight School, which is a remix of Cranky's Cabin from Donkey Kong Country.
- Training, a relaxing remix of DK Island Swing from Donkey Kong Country.
- Scorching Canyon really fits the desert atmosphere it is located in.
- Cosmic Highway, were one part of it is a remix of the opening theme from Donkey Kong.
- Critical Dissonance: Fans generally consider this game to be decent or good, with a few even thinking it is amazing. Professional critics generally consider it to be mediocre, bad or awful.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Kalypso is extremely popular with the Furry Fandom.
- Game-Breaker: Once you unlock Ultra Barrel DK, almost every race is a walk in the park. Luckily, he can't be used by CPU's.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The final confrontation with King K. Rool in this game is a very weird one. You race him in Alpine Peak, a snow-filled course that's not very fitting for the longtime villain, with background music that's far too cheerful. Why they didn't put him in a place that's more fitting, like Salty Sea or Mt. Dynamite, is anyone's guess.
YMMV / Donkey Kong Barrel Blast