- Accidental Innuendo: The Doctor says this Spit Take inducing line:Nyssa's skirt... There's blood on it!
- Best Known for the Fanservice: Nyssa's skirt-removal. The in-story Hand Wave for why she decided to strip down to her slip was that she was feeling feverish. This doesn't really come across on screen, so Nyssa appears to strip off her clothes for no reason.
- Les Yay:
Doctor: It'll be good to see the TARDIS again.
- Nyssa once again demonstrates her priorities:
Nyssa: And Tegan!
Tegan: She'll die here.
- Despite knowing the Doctor longer and having spent more time with him—all those adventures while Tegan was on Earth—Nyssa is able to remain calm and collected while saying goodbye to him, asking him politely not to be upset and to let her leave in good faith, to part as friends. Then she has to say goodbye to Tegan and breaks down sobbing into her chest.
- Tegan's horrified head-shaking in the background when Nyssa tries to tell her that she's chosen to stay on Terminus, and her desperation when she asks the Doctor not to let Nyssa stay on Terminus to die, and her growing realization that Nyssa's really not coming with them. By the time Nyssa asks them to stop trying to convince her so they can part as friends, loud angry defiant Tegan Jovanka can barely manage to whisper "...Please, Nyssa...?" And of course, their tearful goodbye.
Nyssa: [voice breaking] Not easily, Tegan. Like you, I'm indestructible.
- Narm: The dog-headed alien with red lights for eyes. Yes, it's the Narm Garm!
- Retroactive Recognition: In the 1990s, Kathy Burke became a recognised and well-loved actor/director in Great Britain. If you think you recognise one of the Lazar extras, it's probably her.
YMMV / Doctor Who S20 E4 "Terminus"