- Alternate Aesop Interpretation: In the Back And Forth video, the "I CONTROL YOU" line is entirely lipsync'd by the Toy Soldiers. Possibly implying that Dr. Steel is controlled by his army rather than the other way around.
- Crazy Awesome: As the trope says, everything Dr. Steel does is cool, awesome, and/or funny, over-the-top, or a combination thereof.
- Fandom-Enraging Misconception: Dr. Steel is not copying Dr. Horrible. Or Dr. Venture, for that matter. He did the look first.
- Fandom Rivalry: It was even reported in Wired magazine's website that fans of Dr. Steel were planning an "attack" on Dr. Horrible, by attending the Dr. Horrible panel at Comic-Con International in San Diego and openly asking questions on the floor of the panel about Dr. Steel, and spamming Dr. Horrible reviews and sites with links to Dr. Steel's website.
- Funny Moments: Episode 2 where he laughs hysterically as his new creation wanders about, only to shut down when he runs out of coins.
- "...God, you're weird."
- "...That is absolutely disgusting."
- Moment of Awesome: "I screamed, 'I AM THE NIGHTMARE THAT CRUSHES YOUR DREAMS, I'M THE GREATEST CREATOR THIS WORLD'S EVER SEEN!'"
- "I'll drag a burning SMILE ACROSS THIS NATION!"
- Nausea Fuel: In the Dr. Steel Christmas Special, Santa gives the little girl a "Polly Pukes-a-Lot" doll.
- Nightmare Fuel: Babies with buzzsaws, dollies with knives, gasoline-filled super soakers... you get the idea.
- "Donkey Town", "Getting Directions/Thudd" and "Schizophrenic" immediately spring to mind.
- The music video for "Childhood (Don't) A Go-Go". In oh so many ways.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: Steel's "The Dr. Steel Show" segments were formatted in the manner of a kids TV show, but his line of toys ("Buzzsaw Babies", "Rabies Babies", "Polly Pukes-A-Lot", etc.) are obviously not all that kid-friendly. Unless you have really warped kids. (But see "Children Are Innocent", above.)
- He also had a song, ostensibly the theme song for a cartoon show, called "Smoky the Kid-Loving Trout".
YMMV / Doctor Steel