- Alternative Character Interpretation: Is Medhimama really a good but misguided person who was brainwashed by her staff? Or is all the staff did just bringing her true self to the surface?
- Ass Pull: Medhimama being under the control of the staff can come across as a forced and contrived way to whitewash all the abuse she put her daughter through.
- Base-Breaking Character:
- Mamako. A good portion of the audience find Mamako refreshing as a character, as the protagonist (Masato) is no longer extremely powerful for the purpose of Wish Fulfillment for a change, while detractors frown at how over-the-top this effect actually is by comparison to other isekai works.
- Medhi. Some fans love her sadistic sense of humor, while others hate her Alpha Bitch attitude against other girls.
- Glurge: Mamako's way of defeating the other mothers in the story by letting them know that their children are more important would be heartwarming...if it wasn't for the fact that they're all quite horrible people at heart. Wise's mom not only named her own daughter after her favorite male host she would cheat on her husband with, but she abandoned her once they got into the game just to fool around with random men, even going so far as to say that she had no daughter because she viewed children as a burden. Concerning Medhi's mother, it turns out that she was using her daughter to prove that she's the best mother in the world without a care for her daughter's interests and happiness, to the point of brainwashing Medhi just to push that agenda.
- Incest Yay Shipping: There's a significant number of fans who are unironically interested in seeing Mamako as Masato's love interest. It does (or doesn't) help that she's the main heroine, and the story is already laying the Incest Subtext on thick.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Even fans of this series will tell you that the protagonist's hot young mom is the most interesting part of the story.
- Memetic Mutation: Mamako's pout became an instant hit with the audience.
- Moe: Mamako is unbelievably Moe thanks to her sweet and bubbly personality coupled with the fact her character design is closer to that of a cute and huggable teenager rather than a 30+ housewife.
- Narm Charm: While a teenage boy getting transported to another world and trying to become a hero only to be thwarted by his overprotective mother is a really silly premise, it is being so silly that makes it so effective for comedy and also to parody other stories in the Isekai genre, particularly in the early 2000s and The New '10s, where it is considered a breath of fresh air.
- Squick: The reaction of those who don't like the incest subtext is repulsion.
- Tainted by the Preview: The incest subtext turned off some of those who were interested in the series.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The very idea of exploring an Isekai setting based in an MMORPG is nothing new, but has the potential to be extremely deep and rich if the lore and write-up is done right. The actual novel itself, though, only seems to rely on the game as an excuse as to why the players are there fighting the monsters as they are. There is no exploration of the game mechanics, how players interact with them and the bearings they have on the plot at large à la Sword Art Online, and actual story content is threadbare and disjointed. It doesn't even really work as a game setting, as games have to have rules and balancing if they're to be fair and believable, while gameplay in the story is deliberately designed poorly to favor a subset of players for no discernible reason than a gag, which is the deconstruction of isekai protagonists being The Ace. Nothing would have changed plot-wise had all of the game-related aspects been removed, as their presence in the story is just fluff. In fact, removing the constraints of a game setting would give the author even more leg room to wiggle without breaking the audience's Willing Suspension of Disbelief, since it still has the makings of a standard isekai plot.
- Uncanny Valley: The fact that everyone's pupils are a jarring white instead of the regular black makes them all look soulless and almost alien-like.
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic: The revelation that Medhimama is actually a good person who was being mind controlled by her staff can be infuriating to those who actually have had to deal with abusive parents.
YMMV / Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?