- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Jon's King Diamond-esque scream on "Black Horizons". He never uses it again on the album or in any of the following records.
- Broken Base: Reinkaos. Some loathe it for its new sound, while others love the new direction the band took.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- Jon's suicide. While most people who commit suicide is either because of depression or mental health problems, Jon however committed suicide because he felt he had achieved everything he had done with his life and career. The fact he did it voluntarily is chilling enough.
- Jon himself, especially in the early days. Among other things, he made a list of potential human sacrifices, one being his own girlfriend. He also supposedly had some involvement in a ritual that involved the mass slaughter of black cats.
- Tear Jerker:
- "No Dreams Breed In Breathless Sleep". Contrasting with an otherwise relentless album, it's simply a beautiful yet depressing piano instrumental that becomes even more saddening when you take Jon's death into account.
- Jon's suicide was this for many fans, even for those who follow the same path that he did.
YMMV / Dissection