- Just Here for Godzilla:
- Most of the older audience only watch the animated shows (especially Gravity Falls and Star vs. the Forces of Evil) and, when it was airing, Doctor Who and skip the Kid Coms.
- Disney XD is one of the few American channels to still air anime. Fans of Pokémon, Yo-Kai Watch, Beyblade Burst, and Doraemon often just watch the channel for anime.
- Periphery Demographic: When a channel airs shows featuring mainly male casts, most of the time attractive, yeah you're gonna have lots of female viewers. Not to mention shows like Star vs. the Forces of Evil and its female protagonist likely appealing to both boys and girls.
- Replacement Scrappy: To Toon Disney and for non-US versions, to Jetix. Though the network's been Rescued from the Scrappy Heap in recent years, the feeling hasn't completely gone away.
- We're Still Relevant, Dammit!: As a network aiming towards a young boy demographic that had a tendency to skew more towards sports related programming, the network is overall Totally Radical. This has decreased slightly over time, but is still apparent.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: Some reactions to Doctor Who involved this. Though BBC America markets the show to an older audience, Doctor Who is considered family viewing in the UK. (Even in the UK, the extent to which Doctor Who is family friendly is debated, especially later seasons.)
- Win Back the Crowd:
- Though still hated by some for replacing Toon Disney, XD's original animated series such as The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!, The 7D, Kick Buttowski, Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja, Motorcity, TRON: Uprising, Star Wars Rebels, Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero, and Star vs. the Forces of Evil, as well as Canadian imports Jimmy Two-Shoes and Packages from Planet X, have all been well-received, and has gained the channel a decent fanbase. It also helps that new episodes of Gravity Falls and Wander over Yonder air on XD before Disney Channel.
- In 2016 and 2017, the channel gained an audience amongst anime fans and gamers thanks to airing series like Pokémon and Yo-Kai Watch. XD also often airs video game related events and family-friendly competitive gaming tournaments for games like Overwatch. These changes helped the channel gain more recognition besides airing Disney cartoons.
- In 2018, despite that a number of the animated original series note being moved to the main channel, there was a small amount of older shows, such as Fillmore!, Lilo & Stitch: The Series, and Kim Possible, started rerunning recently as many hope that the channel will try to rerun more older Disney shows that once had reruns on the former channel in the near future.
YMMV / Disney XD