- Author's Saving Throw: When Davy Jones was added to the game, he was only available to unlock from Platinum Chests. Players didn't like that unlocking him relied on luck, so Gameloft changed him to be directly unlockable from gems or a microtransaction in the 3.3.0 update.
- Base-Breaking Character: Angel. Some DMK fans did not like her inclusion because she is not from the original Lilo & Stitch film, but others did because they're fans of the characternote as well as the franchise's sequel material. Making matters worse is that she was added as a non-premium character, while Jumba and Pleakley—who are from the original film—were added as premium. (Although the franchise's fans were also unhappy with those two being made premium characters.) Then there are those who didn't care for her inclusion but took it as a hopeful sign that Gameloft will add characters and other elements from Disney Television Animation shows to the game in future updates, such as DuckTales characters and TV show costumes for Baloo (his TaleSpin pilot outfit) and Chip 'n Dale (their Rescue Rangers outfits).
- Better Than Canon: The "A Stitch-y Situation" event in April and May 2018 was praised by Lilo & Stitch fans for its Character Rerailments (Nani being portrayed as much more loving towards Stitch compared to her TV portrayal, Angel being much more of a decent person compared to her anime counterpart), Adaptation Expansion, and Call Backs and Mythology Gags to the original films and TV series. One anonymous fan on the Save Lilo & Stitch fansite called it a spiritual Lilo & Stitch: The Series episode 66, while a fan on Tumblr said that the event got them back into the fandom much more than the franchise's newest TV seriesnote ever did.
- Broken Base: The Lilo & Stitch update got flak from Disney Animated Canon purists and original-film-only fans for incorporating elements from Lilo & Stitch: The Series.note Likewise, fans of the franchise were delighted that Gameloft decided to incorporate direct references to The Series instead of just sticking to the original film like in most other Disney crossover works. In fact, some of the L&S fanbase who never played the game before started playing it as a result.
- Ear Worm: The game uses a decent amount of familiar tunes from Disney and Pixar's music catalogue, so expect this.
- Good Bad Bugs: Occasionally, the game may glitch in a way where once you start up the game, all the activities you assigned your characters will finish instantly and your rewards will be automatically collected throughout your entire game session. This allows you to accumulate lots of magic, experience, and tokens in a short amount of time as long as you don't exit the game or the game itself doesn't crash and close automatically.note
- I Am Not Shazam: Elastigirl was previously named "Mrs. Incredible" (which is her alternate marketing name) in the game. Her original name was restored in the May 2018 update in time for Incredibles 2.
- Internet Backdraft: The Happiness Update led to much unhappiness from the player base, as players found out that their Kingdom's Happiness level now depletes quicker, the maximum amount of guests roaming around with wish requests or completed wishes over their heads has been reduced to six, and concessions and decorations are no longer available to purchase with Magic despite several of them (especially previously cheap decorations like rose bushes) having their Elixir offerings increased substantially. Players see this as a blatant and desperate cash grab by Gameloft to encourage more money spending on gems, especially after the introduction of a bipartisan bill in the U.S. Congress designed to make the sale of microtransactions such as loot boxes illegal in minor-focused games like this one.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: The Pirates of the Caribbean characters only went up to level six and didn't have a lot of activities or quests as a result. After the release of version 3.2.0, as not only did they get their max levels raised to ten, but also Hector Barbossa, Tia Dalma, Davy Jones, and a whole new land were added to the game.
- Scrappy Mechanic: Land, or more specifically the lack of land. Expect players to complain if an update does not add more available land to the game yet adds more attractions.
- Unexpected Character:
- Angel surprised many players when she was among the Lilo & Stitch characters who were added to Disney Magic Kingdoms. This is notable considering that she is not from the original film, becoming the first character from a television series to be added to the game.
- Yokai from Big Hero 6 being available was just as, if not more, surprising. Especially considering he's way more ominous than your typical Disney villain.
YMMV / Disney Magic Kingdoms