- Accidental Innuendo: The title could give newcomers the impression that it has something to do with women's underwear. Or that it might have underlying implications about Kei and Yuri themselves, because they're a pair of scantily clad college-aged girls.
- Awesome Music: Dirty Pair Flash's third ending theme ("Looking With the Eyes of the Heart") is classic 80's rock, on par with such tracks as "Say, Yes!" and "Asu e no Touchdown" from Bubblegum Crisis.
- Ear Worm:
- Fan Preferred Pairing: Kei and Yuri are a buxom pair of college aged teens in hot pants and go-go boots, so it's no surprise that they were featured in numerous H-doujinshi that often portrayed them as Friends with Benefits.
- Fridge Logic: Kei and Yuri are supposedly one of the 3WA's most successful teams, yet they destroy damn near anything they come in close proximity to. To quote: "Explosions, infernos, a few thousand casualties here and there... and, incidentally, a solution to every case."
- Gateway Series: In the early '90s, it was one of the first anime to be extensively fansubbed in English (on VHS tapes), and the first to have fanfic written about it on the Internet.
- Magnificent Bastard: Shasti; in "Dangerous Acquaintances" she manipulates three distinct groups through complex capers, each serving as the stepping stone for her true goals.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: some fans of the original anime are not too keen on Flash.
- Values Resonance: The extremely positive portrayal of Lilis Joanca as a transgender woman was almost unheard of back when the episode originally aired, and it still remains as one of the best handled uses of a transgender individual in anime.
YMMV / Dirty Pair