open/close all folders
- Awesome Music: The OST of Dinosaur Planet consists of the incredible music of Dean Grinsfelder. Just listen and think of 80 million years ago...
- Follow the Leader: To Walking with Dinosaurs.
- Good Bad Translation: Some dubs, like the Hungarian, got many animal names wrong. Most embarrassingly, the narrator pronounced Magyarosaurus (the word "magyar" being Hungarian for, well, Hungarian) as "Magiasaurus". Moreover, he constantly called the Aucasaurus "Arcosaurus" (which, ironically, would sort of become the name of another genus of abelisaur; Arcovenator), Prenocephale "Prenocephalus" and "Prenocephal", Maiasaura "Mayasaurus", and in one instance referred to White Tip as "White Nose" (the official title of the episode also calls her by this erroneous name).
- Most Wonderful Sound: The Carcharadontasaurus roar is considered to be this. They took the largest land animal (elephant) and fastest (leopard) and played them together to get a powerful roar.
- The Bullet Time shot in Little Das' Hunt, especially when his siblings are flipped into the air.
- Alpha's main debilitating injury is this when you realize it's basically a stubbed toe.
- Nightmare Fuel: All the Gorn and scary-looking dinosaurs.
- The Oviraptor and the ending of Little Das' Hunt deserve a special mention.
- The plesiosaur that ate Pod's sister. Scientifically accurate or not, that was freakin' scary.
- The whole freaking volcanic eruption sequence towards the ending of Little Das' Hunt for some. Especially the part on the highlands.
- From the baby Saltasaurus's perspective, running the gauntlet of Alvarezsaurus and Notosuchus.
- Special Effect Failure:
- You can see pieces of excess rubber around the Pod puppet's eye.
- The puppet's teeth also look fake.
- Or how the Saltasaurus egg the Notosuchus picks up actually goes halfway into its face.
- There are a few clipping and composition errors in the first two episodes, and some are more noticeable than others
- Ugly Cute:
- Many characters, like the young Alpha and Dragonfly, or the raptors and troodontids.
- The alvarezsaurs deserve special note, as does Little Das.
- Cult Classic: Dinosaur Planet has a small but strong fanbase who enjoy discussing the title and trying to find out as much as possible about it.