- Awesome Music: The Digimon World series are recognized for their superb soundtracks, and this game's no exception.
- Game-Breaker: Guns. They're very powerful, let you snipe at enemies from a distance, and if you have one with mods, you can equip Elemental Chips on them, turning them into Elemental Magic blasters that don't cost MP. The only downside to them is that More Dakka doesn't apply to them, so you can't spam attacks like you could with melee weapons, but it's a small price to pay.
- Also, while the digievolutions are generally way more powerful than the starter digimon, Susanoomon takes the crown, even if it's on purpose. Not only he has the best stats of the game, his magics are also good. Makes sense, however, since he's one of the most powerful Digimon EVER.
- So Okay, It's Average: It's good as an action adventure RPG game, but not as good as a Digimon game.
- That One Boss: Lucemon Shadowlord Mode. The Mecha Rogue X, a Sequential Boss Fight, also qualifies.
- That One Level: Dread Bridge in Venom Jungle. It's not uncommon for players to spend hours trying to get through this one. And then there's Lucemon to be fought at the end...
- That One Sidequest: Most of the sidequests in the game are really hard to accomplish. It's even more difficult when you're trying to get a digievolution, which generally requires the completion of the sidequests, but with more demands, such as exiting the dungeon with only 1 hp leftnote or defeating all enemies.
- And if you're up to get a Signature Weapon, you must beat every boss in Hard Mode in the right sequence WITHOUT TURNING THE CONSOLE OFF (You can still save the game, but if you ever turn the console off, you must restart the sequence). Just taking out all the bosses generally takes 5+ hours, and if at anytime a blackout occurs... well, bad luck!
- They Changed It, So It Sucks: It has a WAY different playstyle than the other games in the series, so it's a given most people complain about it. Considering it's also different from the anime...
YMMV / Digimon World 4