- Crazy Awesome: Laura. When she trades spell notes with Nanoha and tries to come up with her own version of Starlight Breaker, Hayate considers the ensuing explosion to have been inevitable.
- Genius Bonus: There are a few, but to the author's credit they are explained.
- Growing the Beard: Path of Vengeance is rather good, but you can see a marked rise in quality in Academy Blues.
- Les Yay: Despite the Ship Sinking listed in the main article, this is still a Nanoha fic, so the slack is taken up by Niranjana and Allina (with some very mild Laura/Noriko thrown in).
- Moral Event Horizon:
- The Lords of the Circles cross it when the extent they were willing to go to against Hayate and her academy are revealed.
- The Al Hantheans may have crossed it themselves, or at least the mage responsible, with Blood Penance. Appropriately, the chapter in which this occurs is called "Rubicon".
YMMV / Deva Series