- Awesome Music:
- The boss battle music.
- The alternate "sad" music, which only plays during Wrenna and Ketta's sidequests, the final sidequest, and the alternate ending.
- Demonic Spiders: "Dark" enemies. They have a high dodge rate that makes them practically invincible. Healers can inflict a status effect on them that makes them vulnerable, but it only lasts for a short period, and these enemies tend to be fast and numerous.
- Funny Moments: Far too many to list. It's a very funny game, despite the serious plot, particularly when Slak is involved.
- Game-Breaker: Rangers, once leveled up, are horribly overpowered and will usually clear 3/4 or more of the enemies on the maps on their own, with the other classes mainly serving to clean up the ones that get through their hail of arrows, or provide utility (such as the cleric's healing or the knight's armour breaking). Hell, they can even gain an armour-penetrating ability of their own to let them cut through armoured enemies. Subverted on NG+, though, as the developers were fully aware of how overpowered rangers are, so almost all NG+ enemies have bonus traits intended specifically to reign them in (basic revenants have a 50% resistance to ranged physical attacks i.e arrows, while worms have a 60% ranged physical evade chance). They still manage to remain incredibly powerful, despite these handicaps.
- Tear Jerker:
Tletl-Meztli: I beg you. No...Salea: Salea begs you. Free us. Grant me the gift of destruction.Eztli-Tenoch: ...It is the only gift I have left to give.
- The ending of Wrenna's sidequest, where her tough and aggressive attitude fractures, and she spills her heart out to Azra about the genocide of the Quaid empire. Though it's kind of undercut at the end.
- This also applies to the ending of Ketta's sidequest.
- The ending of the final side mission.
YMMV / Defender's Quest