- Complete Monster: Private Thomas Quinn is a sadistic, trigger-happy Blood Knight who enjoys being the Psycho Party Member of his platoon. Already a murderer even before joining the British Army, Quinn admittedly loves war because it gives him the opportunity to kill more people. When the group becomes trapped in the supernatural trenches and Quinn sees a trio of frightened German soldiers who quickly surrender, his first reaction is to shoot at the men, killing one of them and later another before trying to scalp him. Quinn crucifies their captive, Friedrich, and tortures him by beating a spiked club against his chest, killing two of his allies when they intervene.
- Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory
- Moral Event Horizon : Quinn has one when he tortures the German prisoner. Also, Bradford turns into a Knight Templar near the end.
- Playing Against Type: Kris Marshall, known for playing bumbling idiot types, here plays a somewhat-psychotic soldier. Especially noticeable at the time as he was still playing Nick Harper in My Family.
- So Bad, It's Good: Most of the movie.
- The scene where Chevasse looks at his rat-severed legs and makes hilarious faces and sounds. They did not have to show us the chewed bloody parts of the legs, completely unrealistic at least to the layperson, alongside Chevasse hamming it up.
- The crazy unexplained living barbed-wire.
YMMV / Deathwatch (2002)