- Chewing the Scenery: Brad Dourif absolutely devours the scenery with all the subtlety of a rabid wolverine and it is glorious.
- Cliché Storm: Name a famous cyberpunk movie that this doesn't homage or reference.
- Complete Monster: Jack Dante is the psychopathic scientist of CHAANK Industries who is the head developer of the Hardman Project, and, due to illegally ordering some supplies without the company even noticing, caused numerous of casualties that ended up staining the company's name. When the CEO, Hayden Cale, tries to confront Jack about what he has done, Jack blackmails her about her personal life. When one of the higher ups of CHAANK got his key stolen by Cale, Jack sends his machine to brutally kill said higher up; it is also revealed that he did this to previous CEO. When three eco-warriors infiltrate the company and Jack got fired from his position, Jack tricked the eco-warriors to open Vault 10 and sends his machine to kill all of the people in the office while demanding to Cale that he wants his job back, and asks her to "interface" with him on regular basis. When the heroes tries to stop Dante once and for all, he then knocks one of them unconscious and tries to rape Cale while taunting her about her dead baby.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Brad Dourif's long stringy hair gives him a rather unsettling resemblance to Tommy Wiseau.
- Memetic Mutation: "Holy donuts!"
- Narm Charm: Seemingly the point of the whole movie.
- Stoic Woobie: After nearly escaping death and being impaled through his thigh, Yutani needs a bandage, but none is readily available. He reaches down his trousers and with a few martial-artist grunts rips his underwear out to use as an improvised bandage.
- What an Idiot!: The police somehow deduced the guy who was murdered inside a building died from shark attack.
YMMV / Death Machine