- Fridge Horror: Even though Paul dies at the end, nothing indicates that BB!Sam is dead. So there's a murderous robot still on the loose and the only person who could stop it is dead.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: An adorable gibberish sprouting robot named BB? It'll never catch on.
- Nightmare Retardant: The basketball kill scene is played for horror value, but it's so ridiculously filmed that it's impossible to find it horrifying in the slightest.
- Signature Scene: The basketball kill.
- Special Effects Failure:
- The decapitated body in the infamous basketball death scene is clearly a puppet. You can even see what looks like the outline of the puppeteer underneath the nightgown.
- The exploding head itself is also very obviously just a hollow dummy head.
- In the ending Sam's face looks pretty fake. And then her "skin" tears off to reveal an equally fake-looking robotic face underneath.
- Tear Jerker: When Sam dies, to some extent, it is actually sad.
- Watch It for the Meme: Raise your hand if you're here for this.
YMMV / Deadly Friend