- Bile Fascination: Come for that one scene of Nicolas Cage screaming "FUCK!", stay for many other scenes of Cage doing/saying similar crazy things!
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Eddie. He's pretty much the only character worth mentioning thanks to Nicolas Cage. The film can safely be stopped after his head goes into a deep-fryer with nothing of any significance missed on the viewer's part.
- Ham and Cheese: Nicolas Cage must have noticed how stupid the movie is the moment he read his lines. Otherwise, he wouldn't overact every scene he's in to oblivion.
- Idiot Plot: The film is a complete mess. It starts with a sensible plot, but is then filled with plot twists that made it hard to understand; the only thing that saved it is Michael Biehn and especially Nicolas Cage, who is completely out of control throughout the entire movie.
- Narm: If a scene is supposed to be taken seriously and it involves Eddie, it's just gonna be a laughfest thanks to Nicolas Cage.
- So Bad, It's Good: The film would be just a trashy noir/comedy film that would be terrible if not for Nicolas Cage's hilarious overacting. His delicious Ham and Cheese performance is considered to be among his best performances not to be taken seriously. See here and here to see just how bad the acting is.
- Watch It for the Meme: This movie might as well be named "That Movie Where Nicolas Cage Screams a Drawn-Out 'FUCK!'". Either that or more generally "Nic Cage: Unleashed"; literally nothing else is worth a look in this film.
YMMV / Deadfall