- Annoying Video-Game Helper: The Fairy Companion that casts magic for you and asks "are you okay?" every single time you recover from Standard Status Ailments.
- Awesome Music: The soundtrack is the best part of the game and really the only thing people remember fondly about it. That and the graphics are some of the best out there at the time of it's release.
- Dork Age: While accusing Dawn of being an outright Franchise Killer can be a little suspect (given that titles were still released after it), it is almost universally agreed that Dawn spearheaded a decline in game quality for the franchise as a whole, and one that Square-Enix has struggled to overcome ever since.
- Scrappy Mechanic: Unless you have earned the right badges, you lose all of your accumulated stats at the end of every chapter.
- Sequelitis: Despite its gorgeous graphics and a stellar soundtrack, this game is considered the worst entry in the Mana series due to its repetitive gameplay, bad camera angles and terrible level up system.
YMMV / Dawn of Mana