- Contemptible Cover - The cover of The Final Eclipse for many. It's just a badly photoshopped collage of all the other covers. See for yourself.◊
- Die for Our Ship: Michael for some. There's actually quite a few fans who enjoy the brief Vanessa/Stanton pairing from Goddess of the Night
- Fanon: Many like to interpret Zahi as a follower who was born and became one centuries ago, despite his age never being mentioned. Due to his French/Arabic background, its popular to interpret him being born during the crusades.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In The Becoming, Catty is described wearing a sweater that has a skull wearing a bow on the front.
- Ho Yay: A few examples throughout the series:
- Jimena tells Serena in Possession she considered her life a nightmare before she met her.
- Same Story, Different Names: Lynne Ewing's later series Sisters of Isis can be this for some as the plot is generally the same as DOTM, except the location is swapped from Los Angles to Washington D.C and is based on Egyptian Mythology instead of Greek.
- Signature Scene: The part in Goddess of the Night when Vanessa dresses up to meet Stanton seems to be this for fans:She took the dress and sandals back to her room, then sat on the floor and painted her toenails and fingernails pale blue. She drew waves of eternal flames and spiral hearts in silver and blue around her ankles and up her legs with body paints.When she was done, she pressed a Q-tip into glitter eye shadow and spread sparkles on her lid and below her eye. With a sudden impulse she swirled the lines over her temple and into her hairline. She liked the look.She rolled blue mascara on her lashes, then brushed her hair and snapped crystals in the long blond strands. She squeezed glitter lotion into her palms and rubbed it on her shoulders and arms. Last she took out the dress and stepped into it. She turned to the mirror on the closet door.
- What Happened to the Mouse?:
- Cassandra is introduced as a major follower in the early books, but never appears again after book 5. Possibly justified due to her losing her powers and status after displeasing the Atrox
- At the end of time in Greece, Maggie is pregnant and thinks that her child will be one day part of the struggles between the Daughters and the Atrox. Her child is never mentioned again or introduced in the series.
YMMV / Daughters of the Moon