- Awesome Music: The opening credits and the ominous music that blares once an episode once things go bad.
- Evil Is Sexy: A common fangirl reaction to Omen.
- Ho Yay:
- Incest Yay Shipping: Not Lance and Cally, who successfully come off as a brother and sister. Blaze and Violet, on the other hand, do have a bit of this vibe going for them when they escape into the real world. Then again, this is Blaze and Violet we're talking about.
- Paranoia Fuel: Let's see you go near a mirror after watching this show. Or read a comic book.
- Villain Decay: Omen. In Season 1, he's effectively the Big Bad, despite his powers being partially sealed by his frog curse. In Season 2, he returns unsealed. You'd expect him to be more dangerous than ever, right? No such luck. He's being strongarmed into working for Blaze and Violet, neither of whom take him seriously as a threat. For that matter, neither do the heroes. They still think he's a bastard, but they aren't afraid of him anymore.
- The Woobie: Sage.
YMMV / Dark Oracle