- Ensemble Dark Horse: Draco Black. Even the author has commented on the unexpected popularity of the character. News that the character was apparently going to die in the not-too-distant future caused much outcry among the fandom.
- Even Better Sequel: The author's work has improved over time.
- Growing the Beard: The author was still learning how to tell a story in the early chapters; it improves greatly with time.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Anne Walsh wasn't the only one to use the "Danger" - "Granger" rhyme...
- Nor was she the only one to mention that learning about Portkeys could come in handy.
- Or a hidden swimming pool.
- Helga Hufflepuff's nickname being "Gaga" might qualify.
- Nightmare Fuel: The methods the purebloods use to perpetuate the family line. A pureblood daughter is either given a list or has the decision on whom to marry made for her; she is then dosed up with a fertility potion and locked in a room with her 'husband.' Oh, and her kind parents make sure to cast silencing charms on the room so they can claim they never heard the screaming.
- Schedule Slip: It took 5 years for Facing Danger (book 4) to be completed. Surpassing Danger (book 5) is thus far averaging slightly less than one chapter per month.
YMMV / Dangerverse