- Cliché Storm: Many common and well-known tropes, but very little innovation with any of them.
- Evil Is Sexy: Nidvolk is this in her human form, despite of actually being a (possibly millennium-old) dragon.
- Guilty Pleasure: While not exactly the worst or the best of its genre, the action scenes and the comedic moments still make the series entertaining for some people.
- Ho Yay: Gayus outright called Gigina beautiful.
- Les Yay: Jabeira and Jiv used to be co-workers and act rather close.
- Magnificent Bastard: Cardinal Moldeen Ogus Gyunei is the mastermind behind the series events, seeking to unite the Alshok Territory with the Seven-Cities Alliance and prevent the catastrophic Holy War from occurring. Arranging for the assassination of his own decoy, Moldeen uses this to expose and then kill the traitor in his organization. Hiring two assassins to use as bait to lure out a defector, Moldeen is also revealed to be responsible for the failure of the first treaty, which he did to create favorable conditions for Alshok. Admitting to be willing to deceive, betray, spill blood and even support oppressive regimes in the name of his end goal, Moldeen will stop at nothing to create a world where future generations can live in happiness.
- So Okay, It's Average: The edginess and melodramatic tone of the series which actually leaves more people Lost in Medias Res than impressed, and is just barely salvaged from being a total flop by the action scenes and the gags.
YMMV / Dances With The Dragons