- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Gugga accidentally spikes some soup with magic mushrooms. The results include Daníel getting naked in the kitchen and covering himself in jam, Georg wearing a sieve on his head and building a fort with kitchen supplies and Gugga hunting an imaginary raven through the hotel. Next episode, everything is back to normal and nobody ever mentions any of this again.
- Moral Event Horizon: Georg arguably crosses this several times, most notably when he deals Gugga an ultimately fatal blow over the head and lets a hungover and remorse-stricken Daníel take the blame.
- Squick: Georg has a flashback in which it's revealed that when he was a child, his mother gave him sex education by showing him her own private parts. Squick indeed.
- The Woobie: Each of the three main characters, for various reasons, but especially Daníel. He has to deal with so much, including the devastating fallout from Georg's encounter with Gugga, and does it with such a lost and bemused look on his face, that you just want to hug him and tell him that everything will be all right.
- Ólafur also has a hard time, dealing with Gugga's unwanted attention and, come to mention it, Georg's unwanted attention. His Disappeared Dad also turns up, leading to a scenario that ends with Daníel finding poor Óli crying in the store cupboard.
- Georg, surprisingly enough, also has his Woobie moments, although he's definitely more of a Jerkass Woobie.
YMMV / Dagvaktin