- Alternative Character Interpretation: Made by the players, in the 2018 Pokemon Game. They wonder if they really are trainers, like they claim to be; or are actually members of Team Skull? Part of their reasoning is that all the players were dressed as Team Skull, as part of a joke on Mike.
- Anti-Climax Boss:
- The Dragon from the 2012 ConBravo campaign. The DM intended for it to require an army to defeat, it was hyped up throughout the campaign, and a four-player party kills it. Moreover, one of the players is incapacitated for two turns after drinking poison, and the Dragon not only fails to hit any of the players, but it ends up falling flat on its face.
- In the 2020 Charity Live Stream Power Rangers Game, not only does the Darkness Master get defeated in one blow, but the team achieves this by being able to get the Dark Master's entire army to make a HeelFace Turn through The Power of Rock, and all during their first outing as Power Rangers!
- Crosses the Line Twice: Everyone doing silly accents in the 2014 game... and calling each other racist using said silly accents.
- Also the "newborn flesh" aspect of the stone slab following Roo's casting of Stone To Flesh on it.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The 2017 edition is the last time both Lewis and Nash worked with Doug Walker before "Change The Channel" caused the effective end of Channel Awesome as a collective.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In the 2012 Con Bravo Session, one of the Players introduces themselves, by saying they like Kittens. This introduction is more amusing, considering that two years later, they introduce Fussy Britches and practically made them the Mascot of D 20 Live!
- Even more Hilarious is that, during the 2012 Game, Roo suggests casting a polymorph spell, which is how they made a gargoyle in to the Kitten known as Fussy Britches, in the 2014 Game!?
- In the 2018 Pokemon Game, it turns out that Team Genesis' Plan is to transform humanity in to Pokemon. This is literally what the Antagonist's plan was in the Detective Pikachu Film, the following year!
- Memetic Mutation:
- With Spoony beginning its use whenever getting successes in the 2012 campaign, Daniel Bryan's "YES! YES! YES!" chants have been adopted by other players in D20 live campaigns for similar celebrations, despite them not being wrestling fans.
- Fussy Britches managed to become a star after the 2014 campaign, with the ship in the 2015 campaign being named "S.S. Fussy Britches", and players in the second D20 Live Stream discussing making a Fussy Britches plushie.
- Mr. Fanservice: As a character, Tandem the Spoony generally portrays himself as a dashing, swashbuckler type. In the ConBravo 2012 game, the party is tasked with escorting their host's daughter - an attractive young woman - around town. Spoony's reaction? Without saying a word, he removes his hat and shakes his hair down.Big Mike: Good God, man, tone it down a notch!
YMMV / D 20 Live